Sunday, March 4, 2012

NEW TRAILER FOR PARANORMAN


I hate to admit that this is the first I've seen of Paranorman and it caught me by surprise. The latest in a line of stop-motion animated children's horror films, (Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, & Coraline) it's always welcome and refreshing to see a return to form. Paranorman seems no different, pitting young and misunderstood ghost-whisperer Norman against the centuries old evil of a witch who will raise the dead and lay siege to the town of Blithe Hollow. 

At the current time I can find little in the way of production information on the upcoming movie, but I feel like the trailer speaks well enough on its own, with a cast of old chestnuts (nerdy friend and valley-girl older sister) and a quaint, family friendly sense of humor reminiscent of other examples of the genre. Hopefully Paranorman will be a film for all ages and I look forward to seeing more as the release date of August 17th approaches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment