Saturday, March 17, 2012

ALAN WAKE TO BE RELEASED FOR PC

What other current generation game makes your primary weapon a flashlight?
"In Alan Wake, players assume the role of Alan Wake, a best-selling suspense author suffering from writer’s block. Wake escapes to the small town of Bright Falls, only to experience the mysterious disappearance of his wife. Players will unravel the riveting plot through multilayered character interactions, unique problem-solving and intense combat against the darkest of enemies. In this nightmarish world, where the boundaries between reality and fiction become increasingly blurred and ambiguous, Wake must use a variety of weapons to survive, including his most powerful ally against the darkness – light itself." 

Find the lady of the light still ravin' in the night
That's how you reshape destiny
The above quote was what these guys had to say, at the very least, but I am hard pressed to disagree! Now, with the ... mucking about of pleasantries thankfully out of the way, I can say (as I have said before) that I absolutely love this game. But, for anyone who's been paying attention (there may be a quiz at the end of the semester so I hope everyone has been taking notes), they already knew that. They knew that because I tend to rave on about this game as often as I rave about Fallout ... or Baldur's Gate II, or Planescape Torment. I have a thing for late 90s rpgs; I'm a writer so sue me. And because I am a writer this game instantly caught my attention.

Happiness is a 90s RPG ....
So, now that everyone is on the same page, here comes the juicy bit. Alan Wake is being released on the PC. Now I'm sure that the console crowd is just quivering with antici ... 

But I'm not really talking to them, now am I? No, I suppose not. Unless I am, which makes this slightly awkward. What also makes this awkward is the lack of sleep that went into the writing of this article. And the Doctor Who marathon that preceded said lack of sleep.

Badass in tweed.
Alright, so beyond the blathering from the big wigs, the PC version of Alan Wake will include two pieces of downloadable content (The Signal and the Writer) which kills me because those particular pieces of downloadable content have been downloadable for long enough to warrant pre-packaging withe PC release, but who am I to argue with making money? Apparently the PC version will be in higher resolution which means bum-diddly to a guy like me, (see favorite 90s RPGs above).

Oh, nearly forgot! It'll be released on April 3rd. Or begin shipping on April 3rd, which I could be wrong, but I think is the same thing.

Oh, nearly forgot again!

... pation.

No comments:

Post a Comment