Monday, June 2, 2014

On 'Calvin and Hobbes' and 'Dear Mr. Watterson'


Not quite hitting the heavy stuff or the blockbusters, but this one is near and dear to my heart. I don't actually recall a time before Calvin and Hobbes. I'm pretty sure my father had the books on the shelf from the get-go and was just waiting for me to catch up. Although, I'm pretty sure my first Calvin and Hobbes collection was, There's Treasure Everywhere. 

So when I first saw the trailer for Dear Mr. Watterson I got very excited. I'm always interested in documentaries and seeing as Calvin and Hobbes had such a lasting impact on me, I was curious to see how it effected others. 


I personally was not disappointed. In the spirit of keeping things brief, I'll refrain from regaling you with tails of my wild party days as a six year old, but I will say that they had a profound and lasting effect. It was great fun seeing Watterson's more public peers discuss amidst interviews his effect on the profession as a whole, and to learn more about what was happening behind the scenes. 

If you have Netflix and a loving nostalgia for Watterson's immortal classic, definitely worth checking out.

Like right now.

NOW!

Then, afterward, go exploring. 

~ Godzello

No comments:

Post a Comment